“There is no technique to make me happy or to make you happy.
There are techniques which can create the space for happiness to arise.”
– Judith Lasater
Doing yoga, we learn to create space in our bodies and in our minds using breath, movement and meditation. When we slow down and settle in that space, suddenly we discover that happiness was sitting there all the time, just waiting for us to notice.
About Judith Lasater
Judith Hanson Lasater is a wonderful yoga teacher, filled with love and knowledge. She teaches yoga but also provides inspiration about being a mother, a teacher and a human being.
She is a Ph.D, and Physical Therapist. She is a founder of the Iyengar Yoga Institute in San Francisco, CA, as well as the Yoga Journal magazine.
She has consulted on three NIH studies on various aspects of yoga. She is president of the California Yoga Teachers’ Association as well as the author of numerous articles on yoga and health for nationally recognized magazines.
She is the author of:
- What We Say Matters: Practicing Nonviolent Communication (with Ike Lasater, 2009)
- YogaBody: Anatomy, Kinesiology, and Asana (2009)
- A Year of Living Your Yoga (2006)
- Yoga Abs (2005)
- Yoga for Pregnancy: What Every Mom-to-Be Needs to Know (2004)
- 30 Essential Yoga Poses: For Beginning Students and Their Teachers (2003)
- Living Your Yoga: Finding the Spiritual in Everyday Life (1999)
- Relax and Renew: Restful Yoga for Stressful Times(1995)